Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My doctor diagnosed me with anxiety.. and in order to calm…

Customer Question
My doctor diagnosed me...

My doctor diagnosed me with anxiety.. and in order to calm it down she put me on two prescriptions. One being busiprone that I take twice a day, and the other being Zoloft that I take once a day. My 21st birthday is ***** and I was planning on drinking but first I wanted to make sure that it was safe to do so while taking these prescriptions.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

When I go like far distances like away from home my anxiety kicks in but other than that no

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I only take those two prescriptions and other than that I’m pretty healthy.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/10/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Happy birthday.

you should limit your drinking and have no more than 2 drinks tonight.

and make sure you drink plenty of water between drinks

and you should be fine

also try not to drink on an empty stomach

but you should be fine

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com