Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having stomach pains a lot of cramping in

Hello I have been...

Hello I have been having stomach pains a lot of cramping in between my cycle and lite spotting and not sure what it is. My stomach constantly feels full but I have been having BM's please advise.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

2-3 weeks on the pain but about a month on the spotting. No nausea or no vomiting

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I'm otherwise healthy. Workout regularly drink plenty of water

3/10/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

When was your last period?

Are you sexually active and exposed to unprotected sex?

37
2/24/18
Yes active and unprotected

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

The spotting between the period is called as intermenstrual bleeding or abnormal vaginal bleeding. Many times this resolves spontaneously and perhaps is due to minor hormonal aberrations or stress and anxiety related problem (mediated through body hormones). But if the abnormal vaginal bleeding persists, following causes should be considered;

1) Vaginitis; infection of the vagina. Usually some form of vaginal discharge accompanies or symptoms like vaginal pain during sex or itching associated.

2) Uterine fibroid

3) Uterine polyps

4) Endocervical polyp

5) Pelvic inflammatory disease

6) Cervicitis (cervix infection)

7) Endometritis; infection of the internal lining of uterus

8) Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)

9) Fluctuating hormone levels/

Following can detect/diagnose the cause;

1) A physical examination and speculum examination by the doctor

2) Ultrasound

3) Blood work for the hormones

4) Vaginal swab

5) Pap smear

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

What about the stomach cramps it feels like menstrual cramps but no menstrual. It's uncomfortable. Will anything of those issues explain the pains?

Pelvic inflammatory disease, endometritis and fibroid uterus can commonly cause abdominal cramps. First two are the most common cause and require a course of antibiotic.

It is privileg assisting you.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.