Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I initially had a tingle feeling in my right area of groin…

I initially had a...

I initially had a tingle feeling in my right area of groin which then moved up to my lower abdomen. Currently feeling tightness in my lower abdomen. Any reason why this would be happening?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

It was just a dull sensation in the groin then tightness in the lower abdomen. Other then that it's been quite normal. It's quite discomforting when i put pressure on it. Sort of like a full bladder

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

The last 4 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've taken up a more intense training regime and doing a lot more running. Got hit in the groin area 2 weeks ago in a game of soccer but that's all. Haven't been taking any medication recently.

3/10/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

33 male. Besides slight vomiting feeling, its just been the tightness in the lower abdomen that's increased somewhat during the days. The ache moved from the groin up to the lower abdomen in the last 4 days.
Still there Doctor?

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Groin and lower abdominal muscle strain.

2) Stone passing from kidney to bladder.

3) Appendicitis.

You may get an ultrasound and MRI, if this persists or any new symptoms arrive.

Meanwhile you may do following;

1) Relative rest; avoid those activities which aggravate or induce the pain.

2) Ice compresses.

3) Local analgesic cream or spray.

4) Dramamine.

5) Plenty of fluids

6) Probiotics

7) Vitamin C.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

With the three scenarios that you have listed. Are there any other symptoms that are associated with them so I can be aware of what to look out for in the coming days. Because it's just a tight discomforting feeling at the moment, should i be wary of any other symptoms. I'm currently working at a remote mine site and don't leave until tuesday.

The chance of it being muscular in origin is high as you do not have any visceral symptoms except nausea. You have a history of injury during soccer game too.

The symptoms like, fever, urinary burning, abdominal pain and vomiting would warrant an early evaluation.

Otherwise there is nothing worrisome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thanks Doctor. That's relieving to know. I'll go for a checkup as well just to confirm with other tests but thanks for the feedback.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.