Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My RBC count is 3.5 and HB is 10 is it dangerous. Suffering…

Customer Question
My RBC count is...

My RBC count is 3.5 and HB is 10 is it dangerous

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Suffering from fever till previous week now it's okk but i am facing little bit chest pain

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

Not everytime but meanwhile yes a little

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/10/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

okk

You definitely have anemia, the normal hemoglobin should be more than 13.5 in men, and more than 12.0 in women.

The levels you have mentioned are nor dangerously low, and can be treated with oral hematinics (blood forming mediations like Iron, B12 and Folic acid) as out patient with out the need for blood transfusion.

But the next step here is to find the cause for anemia, is it low iron, or B12 or Folate or a combination of all.

Also to find out what exactly is causing deficiency of these elements, it is diet related, or if you are loosing them from body due to some disease (like chronic bleeding of malabsorption).

Therefore, you should follow up with your doctor, discussing these details to chalk out further management plan.

As of now, these levels are not considered dangerously low.

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.