Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having consistent swelling from my knees down to…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having consistent swelling from my knees down to my feet for weeks now and it’s not getting any better. I have taken hydrochlorithiside at night and elevated them but yet for the past several hours I have been having chest pains tightness, some short of breaths here and there and my HBPM has been 102,105,104,103

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

I have had chest pains 2 yrs ago and was given nitro and a stress test but everything came back ok. When I went to see my primary care doctor about the swelling last week she sent irders for me to go to cardiology for a echo cardio gram to make sure nothing was going on with my heart but they have not called me to schedule an appt I called again yesterday to follow up and they said a nurse will call me to schedule the appt. so I don’t know

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have sleep apnea, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, asthma,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/10/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you.

First of all, what is your gender and how old are you?

Given the continued swelling of your legs and the new onset chest pain and shortness of breath, you should be evaluated as soon as possible. You need an EKG and potentially more aggressive medications to get the fluid out of your legs and lungs. Please let me know if you have any questions.

You should probably go to the ER soon. Please let me know if you have any questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating for my service. Thanks and good luck!