Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Would be much easier to talk to you. history, I’ll try to…

Would be much easier...

Would be much easier to talk to you. Long history, I’ll try to give you bullet points. 1) complete hysterectomy in 2001. 2) put on hormones. 3) 2005 breast cancer,chemo. 4) hot flashes so put on Effexor to prevent. 5) 3 days ago small amt vaginal discharge (weird because I’ve been “dry” for 16 yrs) 6) 1 day ago another small amt of vaginal discharge. No color really. So, 30 min ago I was sitting on couch and felt warm/wet. Reach into underwear and blood! Imagine my surprise!! I go to restroom. A tablespoon? Of bright red blood in underwear. I urinate, wipe, and get some blood and 2 small pea size clots. Wipe again, no blood. I’m not in pain, but concerned. I do have brac gene mutation. Go to ER? Wait, call dr Monday? Whatcha think??

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you dealt with breast cancer? Have you experienced this in the past?

No never. Breast cancer removed w mastectomy and clean margins. After chemo, no other treatments or concerns. Cancer free for 12 yrs.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

Haven’t had one since complete hysterectomy. Dr said I didn’t have anything left to check??

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing crazy. Have had appendectomy, gall bladder removed, both breasts gone, a few broken bones. Well, I did go to ENT, I’ve been waking up with a totally dry mouth for about 3 weeks?? Can’t be related, but odd. I got a humidifier and it’s helped a little.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s been 10 min. Hello
3/10/2018
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. Sorry for delayed response as I was busy in the hospital with patients. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Obviously it is not normal to have bleeding 16 years after the menopause

You need to see your doctor and have an examination

You can go on Monday as it seems the bleeding is not severe

A local examination,complete blood count,coagulation studies and ultrasound will be required for further evaluation

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m done.
Please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING
Regards
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor