Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a granddaughter who is 4.5 years old, has high fever…

I have a granddaughter...

I have a granddaughter who is 4.5 years old, has high fever and has trouble breathing. How can we get a doctor to check her out here at the villa?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the granddaughter's symptoms, and how severe are they?

Coughing, trouble breathing, high fever

Doctor's Assistant: How long has she been dealing with the fever? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?

The whole day today

3/10/2018
Paul Wolfe
Please let me try to help answer your question. If the child is having a high fever and difficulty breathing - she should be taken to an emergency center (ER or urgent care) and be evaluated tonight.
This could represent pneumonia, influenza, or RSV infection. If she is struggling to breath - she needs to be seen soon I am a pediatrician of 22 years and this is concerning. Please take her to emergency room. If this was helpful, please give me a five star rating. If you have a follow up question I would be happy to answer it, but please have her evaluated ASAP
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Taking her to the Emergency Room at the Hospital in Grand Cayman. Thanks
You are welcome. I hope she feels better soon!
Paul Wolfe
Paul Wolfe
Paul Wolfe
Paul Wolfe