Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Im get intense pain in my lower ribs on my left side the…

Hi Im get intense...

Hi Im get intense pain in my lower ribs on my left side the area is tender amd pain killers are not working.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

At the momemt nothing. Its been going more intense by the hour for five hours

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have RA

3/10/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is the area of the stomach and the lower lobes of the lungs. If this is just pain without any a cough then the pain is most likely due to stomach issues.

Such a pain can be brought upon by stomach inflammation - gastritis or acid peptic disease (ulcer in the stomach).

You should start on Prilosec 10 mg twice a day and avoid spicy, salted, smoked and barbecued foods.

Drink a glass of milk to calm things down and keep an eye on them.

If the pain goes beyond a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 or if you develop nausea and vomiting, this will warrant a visit to the ER or the Urgent Care.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor