Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having some major ear problems. Yesterday I went to the…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm having some...

Hi, I'm having some major ear problems. Yesterday I went to the doctor for earwax build up, which was cleaned out, and we found I had a small ear infection. He prescribed me antibiotics, everything was good. Then tonight I started noticing this FOUL smell coming from my ear. I've tried cleaning it and it won't go away. I'm hoping the antibiotics will help it, but in the meantime, do you have ANY idea how I can stop this horrible odor?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

No, I've always had problems with ear wax build up but never ear infections. I haven't had any colds.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really, just that my ear itches and feels extremely full. And smells horrible.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

That is most likely due to draining of old impacted wax once ear becomes unclogged. All you can do is wipe your ear by an antiseptic or saline soaked cotton ball. Antibiotics would take care of the infection.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.