Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife was hit by a shot put about three hours ago. It hit…

My wife was hit...

My wife was hit by a shot put about three hours ago. It hit her in what would maybe be referred to as the flank. It seems to be only soft tissue affected, not the hip nor ribs. She feels some tightness in the area which has about a 2 1/2 to 3 inch diameter bruise starting. We've been using ice and Motrin. Any further recommendations?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No just Motrin

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is her age?

Any pain, tenderness, swelling on the affected site?

Any other medical illness?

Is she taking any medicines?

Please upload a photo.

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
45 tender to the touch in the spot that was hit, no other health issues
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Try again card questioned validity of charge , I approved so resend

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
I didn't send any request for phone call or extra charges.
It can be an intrusion of automatic offers for premium services. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

I am writing you the answer which may take 4-5 minutes.
You needn't accept them.
We can continue our conversation in this reply forum.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, it indicates muscle contusion and it may take few days to a week to resolve.

Now, she can continue cool compresses with an Ice pack and Motrin.

She can do an application of over the counter topical Heparin sodium gel on the bruising site.

She avoids any strenuous physical work.

If her symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

In case of severe pain, swelling, hot to touch, bump formation on the affected site then see a doctor in an emergency room ASAP.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help we appreciate it, good night.

Good wishes for her health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor