Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had diarrhea for the last two weeks, stomach cramps…

Hi Pearl, I...

Hi Pearl, I have had diarrhea for the last two weeks, stomach cramps and it is getting worse. My doctor has taken stool test and bloods (not returned yet). I am also on Metex xr (for diabetes 2) and have also been having huge stresses at work. Is this a stress thing or do I need to go to a hospital? I am in constant pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Bowel movement

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am on lexpro 20mg for anxiety and my recent hormone levels came back that I am menopause (have just taken my Impalon out a month ago). Added to all this I got my first period in 9 years.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

ok
no online is fine

When did doctor take stool and blood for test?

How many times do you pass stool in day?

How is the consistency? Any blood, mucus in stool?

Did doctor prescribe any medicine?

It is not necessary to call.
It is an automated response.
Some customers want it.
It is website generated.

Test only taken yesterday
about 5 times a day
Consistency is runny / loose, no blood some mucus
No medicine prescribed. I did take imodium yesterday to stop loose bowel movements. but returned today

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Try to take bland diet, more liquid.
Doctor may contact tomorrow.
You can call at doctor's office in the morning.
Today you can repeat Imodium.
Motrin can be taken to reduce pain.
Warm application can be soothing.
If the symptoms continue, you need to go to hospital.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

thanks

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)