Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was in a car wreck end of Jan. Ive had Mris and cat scans…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a car wreck end of Jan. Ive had Mris and cat scans and have been sewing nuero and chiro ...a week or so ago i noticed w beadach on my back right side of head a knot has developed. this was not there before. i fewl the knot is sensitive to the touch a bit but is shooting headaches. why would this knkw just randomly appear...is it accident related.. do i need to get it checked out. it really is annoying and uncomfortable

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Pretty much daily...yes nausea came w it and extreme fatigue then wha i thought was a stomach bug..bug is gone but knot and nausea and hesdaches remain

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/10/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How large is the knot?

In exactly which location?

Is it soft or firm?

Did you take any medicine?

I also feel my right side head neck get almost numb or tingly.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes.
It can be an enlarged lymph node.
Lymph nodes can be enlarged from an infection.
Inflammation can cause enlargement too.
These are the common causes.
Other possibility is a cyst or skin/ soft tissue infection.
It may not be from car wreck.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Blood work, ultrasound can be taken.
You can take Motrin or Advil for pain.
Warm compress can be soothing.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.