Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had appendicitis and I had my appendixed removed 3 days…

I had appendicitis and...

I had appendicitis and I had my appendixed removed 3 days ago thru laparoscopic surgery.. I had an appendectomy .. it’s friday now 3 days later and my wife gave me oral sex and it did not hurt and I’m just wondering if it’s ok to do this.. I’m waiting a while before we have sex but is the oral sex ok??

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I’m not having any pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that’s it

3/10/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Absolute no problem with your getting oral sex three days after this kind of operation

It can't harm the surgical site or the port wounds in your abdomen

So no need to worry

Please let me know if you need any more information

oral sex is ok after this operation .. I was laying on my back and I was not straining or moving any abdominal muscles while this was happening.. so it’s ok..??? And when would be the appropriate time to have regular sex?? How long

It was fine--no harm done at all

As for regular sex that would be fine after another four days

regular sex should be ok after about 2 weeks ??? As long as it doesn’t hurt when I’m doing it???

Yes it will be fine

what about fishing?? How long should I wait to fish like say I go fish and fish during the day for like 6 to 8 hours??

What kind of fishing?

Bass fishing???

So long as it isn't deep sea fishing

Otherwise bass fishing is fine now actually