Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does it mean when you can feel a bulging vein in your…

What does it mean...

What does it mean when you can feel a bulging vein in your neck?

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

No symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

No, my husband just noticed it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your husband's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He's taking lisinopril for high blood pressure

3/9/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

how large is this buldge in the vein? can you take a photo of it?

60. Male...less that an inch

less than an inch long? how far is it bulging out?

It's about 2 inches long you can't see unless you touch it.

I see.

you can see your doctor and get an ultrasound of that vein.

it is normal to be able to feel a vein.

veins are normally larger and softer than arteries in your neck.

it doesn't sound dangerous.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Thank you! I don't want a subscription.

you are welcome