Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My skin keeps drying up it started on my forehead now it's…

My skin keeps drying...

My skin keeps drying up it started on my forehead now it's go down to around my eyes what can i do

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

It could a year or so, normally it comes and goes but this time the skins not healing, because of screeching the skin on the forehead has left a dark marks, below the eyes recently dark markls have appeared

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm asmatic but haven't had any any problems over 10 years of so, and in order to stop smoking i startecd to use the 'boots' over the counter nasal spray 'nicassist 10mg/ml nasal spray' and becuase i get blocked nose i use 'otrivine sinusitis' i'm now addicted to the nicatine nasal spray but it keeps me form smoking

3/9/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please attach a photo here?

Have you used any medicine for this or seen a doctor?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello Dr Uzair
thank you for the quick response
regretable i can't attach a photo, i don't have camera
as for a doctor, i don't like going to my GP they make me feel like ****!!!
as for medicine here is a list of products over the counter I've tired and continue to use:
1. cocoa butter + vitamin e - stopped using this one
2. vaseline coca - started re-using this one
3. dead sea soap + face wash - stopped using this one made my face feel like concrete had been placed on it
4. E45 - use this regularly
5. aloe vera gel - use this one regularly
6. black seed oil - on off

Thanks for the detailed reply.

From the description of symptoms it looks like i is eczema or dermatitis which flare up in winters and makes skin extremely dry and peeling. I would advise you to use 1% hydrocortisone cream available OTC , hopefully, it will improve it if no then you must see a doctor for exact diagnosis. Try t take lots of fluids and avoid using soaps n face and keep i well moisturized.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Doc
some how i've managed to pay for 2 Docs
so at the moment i'm flipping though yourself & anyone...
this site has a annoying reloading future, sorry and thanks for the waiting... moving on
i've used ' dermatological E45 cream, intense recovery' - very dry skin' - this ones good form a list of products i've used
the drug shop gave me Epaderm... but there's no how to use so i left it
is that the same as hydrocortisone cream...?
i just wondering is there a pattern or a new habitual pattern i can/should develop
what i mean is i've started to eat fruit & veg - still working on getting the right amount for me
that's one thing
could you recommend a daily/weekly/yrly? patterns for me
mean i don't want to send the rest of my life buying creams & lotions
i'm more in favour of natural remedies
thank you

Thanks for the reply.

Epaderm is different. All you have used so far are moisturizing agents. Hydrocortisone needs to be used twice to thrice a day till flare up lasts and improves. It can flare up any time of the year especially in winters during a dry season.

Best wishes for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Doc
so looks like i was responding to 2 Docsso should i only use hydrocortisone cream
what about the E45 cream...? should i use that also or stop using it
what about Epaderm should i use that also so or stop using it
or go to boots and buy hydrocortisone cream and use that only...?
mixing and match gets confusing...
thnaks

I would suggest stop using everything just use hydrocortisone cream and aloe vera gel .

Best wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Doc
looks like we're getting to the end of journey
so to re cap
use only hydrocortisone cream
this hydrocortisone cream is it different product form E45...
i normally buy my products at boots, but brand names can be confusng
could you recommend one name please
and the same with aloe vera, i have:
1. passion for natural: 100% organic aloe vera daily moisturing
2. passion for natural: 100% organic aloe vera instant soothing
3. lifeplan: organic aloe vera gel, 99% bioactive aloe vera guaranteed
can you recommend one or do i need to look for some else
thanks

You can get cortoderm or any brand available.

and use 100% organic aloe vera daily moisturizing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i quick search for Hydrocortisone says it not good to use on face...
which one of my prob area
is hydrocortisone and cortoderm diffrent or same...
help clarify this part please
as for the aloe very all's well

Yes, they are the same and can be used on face.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Doc
in closing:
use
hydrocortisone / cortoderm
use 100% organic aloe vera daily moisturizing.
any other advice i haven't thought of before i let you go
anything big or small is ok by me
thanks

That is correct, avoid using harsh soaps on face and try to use cap and avoid sun.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Doc
i don't get a lot of sunlight as it is, due to the fact work at nights, sleep during daylight hours...
so why is it that i should avoid sunlight
is it a really a big thing...?
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi there sorry i haven't been available
i came across a boots product that seems to be what you recommend could use please conform for me before i order online
here's the product name: HC45 Hydrocortisone Cream
thanks for all your help

Yes, you can use that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi doc sorry about this
but when i read the online leaflet, it says avoid use on face and around eyes
so if i use the 'product' i just mentioned
is it ok/safe for use...
thank you

.

I think you should see a dermatologist as after examination he can give you prescription medicine to use as i can not give you exact medicine prescription according to the diagnosis here just by description of symptoms.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for that, i know i'm repeating myself then, just wanted to safe and not sorry
could i just ask what will it do for me/my skin
also the order of use
do i use the aloe vera first, apply then wait 10-15 minutes then apply HC45 Hydrocortisone Cream
or the other way round
also i'm concerned how long should i use HC45 Hydrocortisone Cream for,

Use them 2 hours apart and use hydrocortisone for one week if it does not improve symptoms stop using and see your doctor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi doc
2 hrs apart
every day, 7 days right
no away days right
thnaks
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor