Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If your family doctor states you have fibermyalgia what othe…

If your family doctor states...
If your family doctor states you have fibermyalgia what othe expert should you see to confirm this diagnostics?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you can see a rheumatology doctor to get a second opinion about fibromyalgia

That sounds s who I am seeing and he stated he could only handle one thing at a time due to insurance so he ask what was my worst and I told him my lower back and down my legs so he did a nerve conducive study and will following this wed with nerve block. Does this sound correct? I stated my regular Doctor said I have fibermyalgia too and he said when he is finished he can make his own diagnoses he is 73 but looks young and seems very knowledgeable but today I am unsure how to know the right thing is being done his credentials are good online except he doesn’t have the best bedside manner.
Sometimes I think if I go to ER and they admit me there would then be enough doctors to diagnose instead of being unique unless when things happen to your brain and nerves it just takes time to come back and heal it has been a year

it sounds like you are seeing a nerve doctor or neurology doctor

nerve conduction study and nerve block are not used to treat fibromyalgia

medications like lyrica and cymbalta are used to treat fibromyalgia

you should get an MRI scan of your back before you get a nerve block procedure

Thanks I do have an MRI they are using from 2016? It sounds like I am on the correct track and need to be patient and make sure the doctors have most updated information. I he said he will scan as doing the procedure and has 44 years experience his mind and body seem very young for a 73 year old

I would get a new MRI scan. that old one is 2 years old.

yes, it does sound like you are on the right track.

it sounds like you should trust this doctor

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician