Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Things to know: About a week ago I had thought I was getting…

Things to know: Doctor's...

Things to know:

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

About a week ago I had thought I was getting sick, I had a wrenching pain in my stomach, nausea, fever of 104, no vomiting (although I wish I had) 2 days later I had my period which lasted for 4days. Then after I had a mild case of diarrhea and now my stomach pains is back and nausea is back like how I had before my period.. and no bowel movement for the past couple days

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I’ve tired Miralax but it literally does nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, no injury. I mean I have rough sex and and have regular sexual partner. And I know he’s clean. We both are and have regular checkups . So I really don’t thinks it’s the sex thing

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

This typically looks like a viral illness starting with high grade fever, subsequently diarrhea, and nausea.

If you had diarrhea in the last past few days, then it is normal for your intestines to take a little while to start digesting, absorbing the food and making normal formed stools.

If there is no abdominal distension, and you are passing flatus (gas), then there is no worry and in that case I would suggest there is no need for any laxative.

Ok Thankyou. I’m just wondering if there is any kind of natural medicine I can take for it. I do have holistic views on medicine. But I am willing to try Anything at this point. We leave for Hawaii in 2 weeks, & I would really love to not feel this way while on my vacation. (Female, 25, allergic to silica,and lactose intolerant)

Just drink a good amount of water, fluids, juices, and take fibres in your diet (raw fruits and cooked vegetables).

Also keep on taking Psyllium husk (Metamucil) on daily basis at night time. And some physical activity (exercise) will also help as this promotes gut movement.

I am sure these measures will be enough to solve your problem.

Well it’s been a concern caus every morning now for the past 3days I my stomach cramping ( it’s not really a cramping feeling so much as like a “you feel so empty that your stomach hurt” feeling and it wakes me up in the morning and I feel nausea but no vomit, I feel like I have to go #2 but it’s just gas?? Is that normal and will it go away?
Thankyou, I will try that all those things !

This should go away in few days.

If there are too much cramps or stomach gases, there is also no harm in using Prilosec 20 mg (available over the counter) for 2-3 days to ease out the discomfort.

But apparently this appears to be aa recovering gastritis from a viral illness.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Oh no this has been so helpful!! Thankyou Thankyou !!