Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had routine blood work done and my WBC, Neuf, Neu, mono,

I had routine blood...

I had routine blood work done and my WBC, Neuf,

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Neu, mono, and lymph are all high. What could cause this?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis runs in my family.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you.

Please could you indicate the following information?

How old are you?

Can you send me a complete exam image? or tell me what were the values that I throw.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 48

have had a recent viral or bacterial infection?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sent an image of test results

Please, allow me a moment while I assessing your exams and write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No problem. Thank you

Dear *****ient, after having evaluated your exams I have noticed that it also has high white blood cells in 13.2 in addition to neutrophils, lymphocytes and monocytes,
This means that some infectious process must be discarded first because its elevation corresponds to a viral or bacterial infectious process, so it is important the physical examination, should be investigated if you have presented some symptoms such as fever, sore throat or urine discomfort, cough, difficulty breathing or any skin infection.
In the case of your history of rheumatoid arthritis if it is in active phase can generate these alterations in white blood cells and other cells so it should not be alarmed but should be followed and control of the disease.
For all the above it is important to see your doctor.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much.
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor