Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can a person take atenolol, omeprazole, atorvastatin,

diltiazem, aspirin at the same...
Can a person take atenolol, omeprazole, atorvastatin, diltiazem, aspirin at the same time in a day. I usually take these medicines with breakfast each day.
3/9/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, you can take them all together

but atorvastatin and diltiazem combination can increase the statin levels of atorvastatin and can increase risks for myopathy

but these risks are small

and if you have been taking these medications together for a long time, then you don't have to worry.

let me know if you have questions.

Ok, Thanks for the answer.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician