Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have tingling and numbness in my hand and arm my hand is…

Customer Question
I have tingling and...

I have tingling and numbness in my hand and arm my hand is kind of swell and hurts especially my wrist it started hurting with pressure next day i noticed my hand swell and i usually sleep with my hand under me

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

It’s been about two days the swelling has gone down some i started feeling the tingling and numbness yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have this pain and swelling in your hand and wrist.

you may have injured or inflamed your wrist which can cause pain and swelling in the hand

you should try to elevate the hand above your heart and ice your wrist with a bag of ice to help decrease swelling in the area

this could help decrease the swelling in the hand and decrease pain.

Will this stop numbness and tingling up my arm? I have a picture of how my hand looked

it will help the numbness and tingling in your wrist and hands

you may have a pinched nerve in your neck causing the symptoms in your arm.

This is how it looked

that is pretty damn swollen. you need to elevate and ice the wrist

and you should make an appointment to see your doctor and gets some ultrasounds of the arm to check for blood clots

and MRI scans of your neck to check for pinched nerves.

do you have a doctor you can see?