Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m having some symptoms I’d like to discuss, to see if I…

I’m having some symptoms...

I’m having some symptoms I’d like to discuss, to see if I should make an appointment at a dictor’s office. I’m traveling abroad so I don’t want to see a doctor unless my symptoms warrant it.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not seen a doctor yet and am not taking any medication for anything

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I currently take no medications. I am allergic to sulfanomides.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Your age and gender?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. I am 31 and female. For the last two weeks I have felt quite fatigued. The white part of my eyes have gradually become very gray and dull, not quite yellow, but I look unhealthy. My husband commented on my eyes yesterday, so it is obvious to others. I am overseas for the next 6 weeks and am wondering if it’s worth seeing a doctor to test for a possible liver issue?

Do you have pain in right upper abdomen? Any change in urine or stool color?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No pain in my upper right abdomen, but I have a spot at the base of my rib cage on the right side that is sore when I press on it. If I don’t touch it there is no pain. I’m not sure if that’s normal? My urine has been dark, a bit cloudy and has smelled strong for 2 weeks but I have no pain or urgency as with a UTI.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No stool changes to speak of

Thanks for the information. You do have a few symptoms of liver related issues, such as pale/yellow color eye, dark urine, and pain in upper abdomen- may or may not be liver. You do need blood test for liver function. At your age, the causes are minor and infection related, but it's worth exploring it.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will make an appointment at a clinic, thank you very much for your help.

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Now you can leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor