Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Please answer me soon

Hello please answer me soon...
Hello please answer me soon
3/9/2018
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

What question are you asking?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello!
I’m sure you remember me ... I’m the girl you told that the pressure and tightness I feel under and on me ribs it’s muscular and that the pains are. Not something to worry about.
I wanted to ask you... i told you that I take dulcolax every 3 days for a while now but every time the stools are light colored and sometimes Floating ... is it something serious I should worry!!??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is happening for a while now ... besides the pains and tightness it’s soemting I’m really worried

When you say a light color, do you mean a light brown?

Or are the stools white or almost white in color?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Very light brown kind of yellowish ...
and dulcolax causes diarrhea sometimes too

No, this is not a concern. The floating is not a concern at all. A lighter brown or yellow color to the stool is only indicative of a more rapid transit through the gut, which is common in people with IBS. The reason that stool is brown is because of digestion of the bile salts that come from the liver. The bile salts originally are yellow or green in color. So, when there is a more rapid transit through the gut, the bile salts have not completely turned into the brown color that is typical for stool, so the stool may appear a yellowish-brown or even overtly yellow or green. None of these are a concern and we would not do any interventions beyond what would be done for your other symptoms. If you were not having any other symptoms, then we would not do anything for stool that are light in color and floating.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay so the pain under my right ribs and the tightness under my left abdominal and chest area is nothing to do with serious medical issues?

Correct. They do not, as per our previous conversation. The stool that you describe today does not alter any of that discussion.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay! Doctor David I really trust you!
Thank you for explaining everything to me.You know when I have constant burning pains and tightness and pulling sensations etc I freak out and search for the obvious reasons I might be having this issues and most of the time the only things that internet shows is Hiatal Hernia or something serious in the digestive system or other issues that are so scary for me

There is no reason for you to be scared.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel a little bit more safe and not like soemthing inside me is really wrong! Thanks

You are very welcome.

Please provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did! Thanks
Dr. D. Love, Doctor