Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm trying to find out if Cymbalta will appear in a DOT

I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out if Cymbalta will appear in a DOT urine test.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine, I've got the test in 90 minutes, but don't have the prescription any more.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Cymbalta will most likely not be detected in a DOT urine test. The DOT test usually screens for marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, and PCP. Cymbalta is in a totally separate class of medications then those usually tested and thus, should not show up. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with a 5-star rating for my service. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Thanks, ***** ***** not, but since I no longer have the prescription I wanted to be sure.