Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood pressure has been reading around 146/91 lately. I'm…

My blood pressure has...

My blood pressure has been reading around 146/91 lately. I'm almost 50 years old. I run 4 miles at least three times a week. My weight is really not a major issue. Trying to find ways to lower without medication, if at all possible.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Right now the only meds that I take are Zyrtic and flownase for allergies.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really, I feel like I'm in pretty good shape.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

That's not a dangerous area of high blood pressure as yet so if I were your doctor here's what I'd suggest before giving you a prescription for high blood pressure medication-

A nutrient dense diet of fresh green and leafy veggies and fruits, coconut milk, nuts, and no more than three servings per week of lean meats, fish and poultry

No added salt to your food

No caffeine

Omega 3 fatty acid supplements

Garlic supplements

Those should get your blood pressure below the 140/90 range

Please let me know if you need any more information

Awesome that is great to know. Thank you for your quick response. I'll definitely start using the suggestions you offered and continue to monitor my blood pressure.

My pleasure and call on me anytime