Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it common to have localized nerve damage after a

Customer Question
Is it common to...

Is it common to have localized nerve damage after a hysterectomy? this procedure was not done laparoscopy.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes the family physician. Only Motrin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No the surgery was done to remove large fibrous cysts.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

no, it is not common to have nerve damage after hysterectomy

when did you have the surgery

where is your nerve damage?

can you tell me more about what happened?

it was done 3 1/2 weeks ago The pain is on the lower left side and is not felt while sitting or laying done but is felt with movement. Surgery was done due to large fibrous cyst's

lower left abdomen ?

do you have pain or just numbness in the area?

have you talked to your surgeon about this?

to Dr. and they said it would go away.
Nerves just disrupted.
It feels like a sharp pain unlike numbness.

then you should give more than for your body and nerves to recover.

surgery was less than a month ago.