Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a spinal pain stim implanted yesterday & still have…

Customer Question
I had a spinal...

I had a spinal pain stim implanted yesterday & still have swelling at the iv site-- & my kidneys don't seem to be functioning. I can't produce any urine.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Since the surgery yest morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not at this time. Just worried about kidney function.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

How much urine have you passed in last 24 hours?

84. Not more than 3 or 4 oz
All fine until after the surgery. I'm told they were going to use a dye that was hard on the kidneys.

This is too less. Minimum amount of urine passed in 24 hours should be more that 500 ml.

You should report this to your doctor.

You may be dehydrated.

Dye may be the culprit.

The swelling at the IV site may not be worrying as mild thrombophlebitis is common and cause swelling.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Do I need to go in to emergency at this hour?

You may contact your primary care physician in the routine hours.

It is privilege assisting you.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.