Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up not feeling to well, so I checked my temperature.

Customer Question
I woke up not...

I woke up not feeling to well, so I checked my temperature. My temperature was 96.9, my throat is feeling really sore, and it's harder for me to breathe. Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

The symptoms started last night but it was only the sore throat. I do not think I have a fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No medical history other than diabetes in the family.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Is there any headache?

Any cough?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having sore throat & difficulty to breathe is most likely due to upper respiratory tract infection caused by viral infection.Symptoms caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within 5-7 days with no complications.

Less likely this can be bacterial infection like strep infection.

Following is recommended for you:

• For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from these symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.
  • Keep a humidifier running in your room.
  • Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.This will provide you dramatic relief.

All this will help you greatly to subside the symptoms of viral infection.

If still after this,the symptoms persists or you feel major discomfort then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.

Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

So please do not worry.Just take these treatments & keep an eye over your symptoms.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh