Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is angina. No I haven't, I am tired all the time and…

What is angina Doctor's...

What is angina

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't, I am tired all the time and was told by a nurse I may have an angina problem or maybe a heart condition. Don't want to alarm any anyone if this person is a hypercondriact or alarmist

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Heart problems do run in the family. In general, I don't fell good most the time. I had pneumonia in January and I was put on O2.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have some TIA's, a bad gulblader and UC

3/9/2018
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

When the blood supply to the muscles of the heart is restricted due to hardening and narrowing of arteries supplying the heart there is severe chest pain which is known as angina. This anginal pain is usually triggered by physical activity and typically only lasts for a few minutes. This condition is diagnosed by graded exercise stress testing. Once diagnosed this can be effectively treated to prevent anginal pain and complications.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered

questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above

with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Not yet. I don't want to go running unless there is a reason. What kind of things should I look for.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, there is no need to get the test done without the typical symptoms of having chest pain when doing exercise or after physical activity. This pain can be accompanied by severe profuse sweating, nausea, vomiting, or radiation of pain to the left arm. Without these typical features of the chest pain which occurs for only a few minutes there is no suspicion of angina (which is a very severe pain that is disabling) and you should not worry about angina. You can relax.

Take care.

questions.

Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Consultant Physician& Rheumatologist
Phone call session started
My pain is off and on all day but it is not severe but medium. I am thinking the shortness of breath and low energy is from the pneumonia

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, pneumonia does cause shortness of breath. Your intermittent pain many times during the day is not likely to be due to angina. Anginal pain is sudden and lasts for only a few minutes.

Take care.

That is ok, I believe he told me what I needed to know. I thank you for your time. I will go in and talk to the VA.

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!

Thank you!