Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can 5 days of Hydrozole (1% Hypocortisone) 1% anti fungal…

Can 5 days of Hydrozole...
Can 5 days of Hydrozole (1% Hypocortisone) 1% anti fungal cream permanently damage my penis glans? I used this to remove some redness about a week ago. The redness has gone, however now my glans appears to be constantly chapped/ cracked looking . Is 5 days enough to damage it forever?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ps I applied it twice a day and left it on overnight , I thought it was getting better today however it kind of reappears very randomly throughout the day, revealing a very damaged looking glans
3/9/2018
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service

No, it cannot cause a permanent destruction of the skin of the glans penis however it can cause temporary atrophy or shrinking of the the skin giving rise to chapped or wrinkled appearance.

5 days of application twice a day can definitely lead to this temporary phenomenon

This will reverse on its own over a period of 7 days or to heal it faster you can use Hyaluronic acid gel on the area twice a day for 2 weeks

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dr, I’ve read online that even 5 days can cause permanent skin thinning , and it has been already 7 days since I last applied . I am anxious as my sex life could be over
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it hasn’t improved

No , this is not possible.

I am 100 % sure as a Dermatologist ! that this cannot be permanent. Reading online may not provide scientific based evidence based case reports.

This will not affect your sex life in any manner.

I am 100 % sure. Do not worry. This will resolve as I have mentioned.

regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How many days of use would make it permanent ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if it’s already been 7 days how much longer will the temporary atrophy last for
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I just keep the area dry
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for so many Qs :) will rate 5 stars

Thank you for your query.

Temporary atrophy can last for around 1 month to 3 months MAX( when ignored and not treated or taken care of).!

You should be using the Hyaluronic acid gel on the area which is available OTC.

That should help in reducing the atrophy over a weeks time

Regards

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
by Ignoring it, 3 months max. But by taking care of it you recommend applying hylauronic acid? Isn’t that just another chemical to irritate the already sensitive skin ?

Yes , taking care of it mean applying hyaluronic acid .

NO , it is a fantastic moisturiser that would help ! Name has an acid but work wonderfully to repair damages caused by steroid use and atrophy!

Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m just convinced it’s permanent atrophy. But I’m trying to listen! Sorry I’m just scared. any brand in particular of HA u like for this area
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

5 days of steroid creams will not cause permanent atrophy of the skin

it is normal to have wrinkling of the skin of the head of the penis when the penis is flacid. this is normal

the penis skin normally makes oils for its skin to help moisturize the skin.

are you having morning erections? you will be able to have sex

it sounds like you have a lot of bad anxiety symptoms

are you on treatment for bad anxiety symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr david, I understand your points. However the penis skin appears like a layer is missing all the time, it is translucent with cracking all over. I have never had wrinkles ever. The penis glans skin is very sensitive, my GP assured me 5 days of usage will not cause permanent damage, but I am afraid it has.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you a real dermatologist Dr David? As that is what I have requested. Not a general MD. Thankyou.
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

5 days use will not cause any permanent damage. However, it can cause a reduction of hyaluronic acid in the extracellular matrix of skin leading to skin thinning. So you should use hyaluronic acid (any brand) to reverse this skin thinning. You should not worry regarding this. This is reversible and the cracked looking skin will disappear with the return of normal looking skin.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered

questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above

with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Dr, which kind of hyaluronic acid is safe for the penis glans? Should I go and get an organic one?

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!

Hyaluronic acid is very safe and effective and will reduce the wrinkling. You can use any serum and the organic one is obviously better.

Take care.

questions.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Please let me know if there are any further questions.
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I masturbate the skin becomes swollen and red in patches all over the glans. I will refrain for a few months from now on to heal. However I am convinced that from now on whenever I mastuebate even in three months time the redness will just return.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Please refrain from masturbation for a few weeks to prevent the redness. Later after a few months, you will not have a reaction to masturbation. This is just a transient reaction.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just isnt getting any better, I have realised now that the foreskin has visible blood vessels as I also applied hypocortisone for the 5 days on the foreskin too. I feel really doomed. I don't think the foreskin will ever heal. How can dilated vessels ever be reversed? They are broken veins. Broken.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Our body has an amazing mechanism for healing and repair. Broken vessels and bleeding can certainly be repaired and reversed. It is just a matter of time since this can take a few weeks. You should not believe these negative thoughts that are occurring in your mind. Thoughts are not facts and they are just thoughts. This will certainly be reversed. You can be sure about this.

Take care.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The skin on the penis is too delicate for even 5 days of cream I am realising . It just isn’t going to ever be how it was. I feel even if it heals it will be very sensitive to redness and reinjury

Dear customer,

This is not correct. A steroid cream can be safely used on the penis skin for almost 2 weeks without any permanent changes. Your skin will again get back to normal in a few weeks.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have you ever experienced the reversal first hand? In person?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I have experienced this in patients and not first hand. You can be sure that reversal will occur.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dr, where I mainly applied the cream I have recently seen bright red patches. Is this normal in the skin recovery process

Daer customer,

Thank you for replying.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars and review the rating so that I can continue to answer your future questions.

Thank you!

These red patches are a normal part of recovery and repair. This signifies that healing is occurring you should relax and not worry regarding this.

Take care.

Please review the rating with 5-stars. I have been answering all your questions.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Thank you for rating my answer.
However, I kindly ask you to review your rating since even though my answer was not to your liking it is very accurate and based on numerous studies and scientific facts. Please rate the answer with 3 stars at least so that I will be compensated for giving you a correct factual answer which took your safety and well-being into consideration. I appreciate you for your kindness, compassion, and generosity.
If you have any further questions or if my answer was not clear please kindly use reply and ask me to clarify instead of giving a negative rating.
Thank you!
Please kindly review the rating.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks , rated 5 stars. How long will the red patches take to fade?

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!

Thank you so much for revising your rating.

The red patches can take 2 or 3 days to fade and disappear. They are a part of the healing process.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks dr, however they have been there for 8 days now since stopping the steriod cream. Does this mean some more weeks?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

OK, I thought that you had the redness after starting the hyaluronic acid which I said was normal and expected.

Regarding the redness after discontinuing the steroid cream this can last for 2 weeks.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you really think I should do the hylauronic acid? It seems dangerous seeing as it’s so irritated already

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

In view of the irritation, hyaluronic acid is recommended. This is not dangerous and will help heal the side effects of the steroid cream. Hyaluronic acid will reduce the wrinkles.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do you think about the wrinkling? Is this scarred?, as sometimes the creases in skin appears more obviously then others. Do you think over the course of the year they will fade
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s actually getting worse. the glans look like a f**king plastic bag. All wrinkled and crinkled up. And plastic looking as it’s shiny. What do I do? It’s getting worse. Dr Ravoof how can 5 days of this do this to me?
Dear customer,
Thank you for replying.This will fade and disappear with time. You should consult your local skin specialist who can prescribe medications which will help heal this faster.Take care.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do you think about the cracks in the low left hand side and just below the urethra???
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Give it more time? Also my glans are never that red, it’s been a week since stopping cream. Is it supposed to be cleared up yet
Dear customer,
Thank you for replying.This can take a few weeks to heal. You should give this time.Take care.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think the cracks may take like a year to heal? I’m okay if they do. I’m just thinking they may stay longer than a few weeks. Let me know your thoughts.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Could you reply please
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Hi now I have a consistent burning sensation down there. Please advise

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Please open a new question requesting me since this question is very old.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Okay will do doc
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor