Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having a constant severe pain up under the left lower…

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a constant severe pain up under the left lower rib cage.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started yesterday. I am currently recuperating from a 9 hr neck and spine surgery. Surgery was done 12-26-18, but the longer this goes on, the less likely I feel it is related to the surgery.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing I do relieves the pain at all. Deep inhalation hurts a whole lot more

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Yesterday the pain started in this same area only it was in my back. i felt like I had been up and going too much. So as soon as I had a little to eat, I got back in my bed, which DID seem to calm it down some but I woke up about 30 minutes ago with the pain now having moved to the front and much more severe.
Is anyone out there?
I'm sorry i contacted you at all. Can you please remove my credit card info? I think I will just go into town and go to the ER.
3/9/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?”.

Do you have shortness of breath, pain during deep breathing, increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

What is your age and gender?

I mentioned before that breathing was painful and deep breathing made it much worse. I am 60 yrs old, female. I have a history of spontaneous pneumothoraxes (left side) years ago which except for the pain being lower, I would compare this to.

Your symptoms can be due to Pleurisy.

Spontaneous small pneumothorax can also cause these symptoms.

The other possibilities are;

Hepatitis or liver inflammation.

Acid reflux

Esophagitis.

Kidney inflammation or stone

Abdominal aortic aneurysm.

You need a chest x-ray, ultrasound of abdomen as the initial investigations.

You may need a CT scan of chest and abdomen.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Please cancel. I went on to the ER and am still in the hospital with pneumonia.
CANCEL