Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Does Lymphadenopathy cause Lymphedema? In anticipation of…

Does Lymphadenopathy cause Lymphedema? ...

Does Lymphadenopathy cause Lymphedema?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

In anticipation of lymphadenopathy reaction to Celexa

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have insufficiency of lymphatic drainage due to narrow lymph vessels and wear compression pantyhose for the condition.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Lymphadenopathy usually does not result in lymphedema. Lymphedema is usually due to surgery. Specifically, surgery that removes the lymph nodes in the region, which is often done for cancer surgery, can cause the flow of lymph to slow down resulting in lymphedema. For example, when we remove the lymph nodes in the neck as part of the treatment for a head and neck cancer patients will often develop lymphedema in the neck. However, lymphadenopathy is usually not the cause. I hope that was helpful.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with a 5-star rating for my service. Thanks!

This is my first time using my computer for medical questions. You've answered my question to my complete satisfaction and now I fell relieved because my low Serotonin, luckily was unusual news to me and I know I can't be without this very important hormone. Thank you ever so much,
Diana Legault

My pleasure. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating for my service. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD