Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Symptoms of stroke or TIA. Not lately. I have a blocked

Symptoms of stroke or...

Symptoms of stroke or TIA

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Not lately.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a blocked right internal coritid artery

I take Aggrenox 25mg x 2 daily; Amlodiping 10mg x1 daily; Atorvastatin 40 mg x 1; Micardis 80mg x 2 daily; Metroprolol 50mg x 2daily; Metformin 500mg x4 daily,
3/9/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have inquired about the symptoms of stroke or TIA. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Can I ask; are you having any new symptoms now? Or are you just curious to learn what are the possible symptoms of a stroke or a tia?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, have you received the questions I have posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to reply to me. If you require more time it is perfectly fine and I will wait here. Kindly try to reply to the above questions when you can, and I can certainly help you with your health concerns you have mentioned above, related to stroke or tia.

My blood pressure has been elevated today 190/71....it has since some down and is staying between 154-163/70. I have been slightly dizzy at times,and with very little appetite. I am also diabetic and take 30ml Humolog once daily in the morning. Last night I had an episode and my husband called he paramedics. My sugars were very low and I was very confused and at times unconscious. I don't remember it all. My husband said that I was cold and clammy. Sugars have been good today but I'm wondering if I had a TIA.
Can I call you. I have free calling in the USA

Hi, I am sorry; I am not in a position to do the phone-service due to certain technical constraints. I will opt-out from this question and return this question back to the expert pool so that some other expert who is hopefully able to offer phone-service will try to assist you with your health questions.

Please wait for the next expert. And please try to avoid replying to this post, otherwise this question may get locked back to me again and prevent other experts from taking up your question.

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Just so you know, we are in Alberta and with the time difference, please don't call before noon E.S.T.! That is 10am here! Thanks *****
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hi Louise Badry,

I will call you after 10 am

Regards

DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Phone call session started

Please leave your contact number for the phone call

Regards

Please leave your phone number here so that I can call you

Regards

This does not seems like TIA though

Most likely an episode of hypoglycemia

With TIA generally there are other symptoms like weakness of a part of body

Please do let me know if you have any more question

Regards