Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Whats best for severe Constipation I’m going to be taking…

Whats best for severe Constipation...
Whats best for severe Constipation I’m going to be taking lots of protein so I need some super Constipation help
Severe Constipation medication or other ideas
Right now I use benefiber and stool softener Need something more powerful
Best medication for severe Constipation
Most effective for severe Constipation
Right now with benefiber and stool softener I have to scoop out with my hand daily
Stools are tough
3/9/2018
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

I would suggest you try milk of magnesia (MOM) or magnesium citrate. These are readily available liquid laxatives that you can titrate depending on how much you need to keep the stool soft. Most start with one tablespoon of MOM three times daily with meals. Others will take 30cc at night to promote a bowel movement in the morning.

You can increase or decrease the amount you take, depending on the results you get.

These are most effective
Ok thanks

You're welcome. Hope this helps you get some sustained relief. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor