Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a kidney transplant 4 years ago and I’m currently on…

Customer Question
Hi there! I had...

Hi there! I had a kidney transplant 4 years ago and I’m currently on anti-reflection medication and steroids.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

My issue is that now I have a very sore throat, as well as white patches on my tonsils. My ears are also stuffed up, with one ear feeling painful and like I have water in it. I have no other symptoms. Are antibiotics needed to get over a possible ear infection/tonsillitis?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?

I am female, 30 years old. I started getting a sore throat about 3 days ago and noticed yesterday that I could see white spots on my tonsils. Yesterday my ears started feeling plugged. Today my ears hurt and they feel plugged and I can’t hear well out of one ear. Otherwise I don’t have any symptoms. No I have not seen a doctor.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
You would likely need antibiotic.
Ear is connected with throat through ear tube.
So throat infection can affect ear.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
A throat swab can be taken for test, culture.

You can do warm salt water gargling.

That will be soothing.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.