Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood test showed slightly higher protein levels, doctor…

my blood test showed slightly...
my blood test showed slightly higher protein levels, doctor shrugged it off as ''probably dehydration'' should I be concerned?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Can you write the level?

Why did you have the test?

I don't have the level sorry, I had the test due to Indigestion and heartburn which I was prescribed PPI medication for.

Thank you for the input.
Mildly elevated level can be due to dehydration as your doctor has informed you.
You need not worry.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

I have had indigestion for a couple of weeks, PPI seems to be helping but not 100% feeling right in stomach yet. been using the PPI 40 mg of nexuim for 8 days now

Please take bland diet.

Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol.

You can take antacid for a few days.

I read that other scary conditions were shown by high protein, Would The result for something serious be obvious for the doctor to spot easily ( would there be a big difference between the levels of mild dehydration to something serious) or should I get re checked in a week or two ? Could it be due to inflammation or infection of stomach ?
doctor said take PPI for a month he thinks its GERD

In serious issues the levels would be very high.
It is not from inflammation of stomach.
GERD symptoms can take some time to subside.
Please take bland non spicy diet.
Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, smoking if you take any.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
ok thank you