Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took a hard fall last weekend and a couple of my fingers…

Second opinion] Hi, i...

Second opinion] Hi, i took a hard fall last weekend and a couple of my fingers have cuts. They seem to be heeling, but appear to be yellow/white is that a bad sign?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No symptoms, just a little stiff fingers where the cut is makes it hard to bend them fully

3/9/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you upload a clear photo of your hand and cuts so I can better help you?

do you see the "Add file" link?

Here you go!

those look ok. I don't see signs of infection.

a lot of skin got pushed out of the way

you should use neosporin on those areas

and cover with a big bandaid or a telfa pad wrapped with paper tape around your finger

eating more protein can help you heal over time.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Thanks! i've been keeping them covered with bandaids and putting neosporin on. Do you think it'll take a couple weeks to heel?

yes, it will take a few weeks to heal

but it looks clean and healing properly

thanks for the positive feedback
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi David,My skin has heeled and covered on these fingers, but from the knuckle down on my ring ringer is a little swollen/stiff still. Is this normal due to the skin growing back? I've been Icing and using epsom salt to try and help speed up the recovery process

yes, this is normal

that is new skin and scar tissue healing the area which can be stiff

try eating more protein and fruits and vegetables in your diet which can help with healing as well.