Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a total knee replacement three weeks ago. Four days…

I had a total knee...
I had a total knee replacement three weeks ago. Four days ago,I developed a red rash on my surgical knee and it also feels really hot to the touch. The rash is really itchy and uncomfortable. I’m using liquid Benadryl and topical hydrocortisone cream. How likely is this to be an infection?
3/9/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

I have seen the picture.
It can be superficial dermatitis.
Hydrocortisone cream can help in that case.
But warm area can be due to deep seated infection.
You need to consult doctor for an examination.
Oral or local prescription grade antibiotic cream can be needed.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you, I’m planning to call the surgeon tomorrow morning.

You are always welcome.
Wish your early recovery.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)