Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm trying to find out if doctor can prescribe anything for…

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out if doctor can prescribe anything for pain, or if i need to go to emergency room

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's ankle pain and it's a chronic problem and normally aleve and advil help but I've been on my feet all day and it hurts so bad I'm in tears, only thing that helps is sitting with it elevated and walking or standing for any length of time makes it worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Other than the fact that I am on hormone therapy for premenopause and I take a sleeping medication occasionally that's all I have in terms of medications I take and I've had multiple surgeries for a bad car accident

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/9/2018
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

You don't need to go to Emergency.

It is very important that you take complete rest for 1 to 2 days

You need to elevate your feet at least to hip level.

You can apply cold compresses by wrapping ice cubes in plastic bag and apply for 15 to 30 minutes 3 times a day.

If you continue to walk or stand for long,this would get worse.

Continue taking Advil and rest properly,you would be fine.

Do you know the reason for this ankle pain?any injuries?

No injuries, just a lot of activity, I've been taking advil and it isn't helping, is there anything you can prescribe to help with the pain?

I,m very sorry.Unfortunately we can not prescribe anything here.

I can understand that you must be having a lot of pain.

But the best thing you can do is take rest,apply ice on it

Kindly do take a moment to click on 5 stars on top left of this thread.

Thank you.

Wish you a speedy recovery.