Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am overall healthy male 51 and I have had the following 2…

Hi, I am overall...

Hi, I am overall healthy male 51 and I have had the following 2 symptoms over the past 2 months, not sure if they are related: 1. Constant lower left adominal pressure/fullness, sometimes throbbing and moderate, very localized pain in the same area when seated in car 2. Soreness/pain at the base of my left testicle (had vasectomy 2005). Feels as if the tube is filled/has mass in it. Hurts most after sex. Also frequent urge to urinate small amounts.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

About 2-3 months. also feel some fatigue but no fever or other symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only the 2005 vasectomy - tubes in left scrotum always felt as if they did not drain fully/could feel some plugged/filled tubes on left. Was not painful in past.

I have scheduled an STD/UTI test for next week but I am monogamous and have not had other partners over the last couple of years
3/9/2018
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

The pain in testis and feeling that tube is filled or has mass in it,this could be due to epididymitis or there could be an epididymal cyst.

Have you had an ultrasound of testis?

Frequent urge to urinate is related with this or it can be due to high blood sugar or urinary tract infection.

How is the stream of urine?do you find it difficult to start urination?Do you feel like you haven't completely emptied your bladder after urination?

No, no ultrasound, yet. Hope to do that this Monday.The stream of urine is ok (moderate pressure, then trickle at end, no pain or difficulty passing fluid, no blood or discoloration) but it never feels I can completely empty bladder.

Okay so this feeling of incomplete evacuation is due to enlargement of prostate gland(male gland located at the base of urinary bladder)

This is most likely responsible for lower abdominal discomfort as wel.

The ultrasound will confirm your proaste size and also if there is any inflammation of epididymis in your left testis.

This prostate enlargement is very common in males above 50 years and can be treated with medications that can shrink prostate to its normal size.

Let me know if you have any more questions

This answers my questions. Thanks so much, this is very helpful!

You're welcome :)

And also please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

You are not charged for rating positively.
Thank you.

Thank you for using Justanswer.

Please do take a moment to rate this positively,you simply need to click on the 5 stars.

Best wishes

Medicaldoctor