Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a cold for over a week now. Started as a sore…

I have had a cold...
I have had a cold for over a week now. Started as a sore throat, and proceeded to all cold symptoms. It is now 8 days and my symptoms are lessening, just congestion but I feel very very tired and achy. Wouldn't I start to have more energy as the symptoms are lessening and I assume the virus is leaving my body? What can I do for this tiredness? Anything I can do to increase my energy and stop my achiness?
3/8/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The tiredness can last up to 3 weeks after the viral attack subsides. This is called postviral fatigue. For this, the best thing to do is to keep yourself hydrated and also take camomille tea and a daily vitamin B complex for a couple of weeks.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor