Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr chip For the past few days I feel as if I have been

Dr chipFor the past few...
Dr chipFor the past few days I feel as if I have been urinating quite frequently. Since 1030 last night I have already utinated 7-8 times. Yesterday was the same way. It's like when I go an hour later sometimes less it feels like I have to go again. I had a urinalysis about 3 weeks ago just with normal blood work and everything was okay. Is there anything that could have popped up within that time frame to cause this? I haven't been drinking much water today because of how much I have been urinating. But get I keep going. It's a light yellow/clear color. There is small pain in the groin area also that I think is from going so much. Is this okay or should I be worried about this being something?
3/8/2018

Hi

Nothing too serious here

It sounds like a simple urinary tract infection and those often run their course in three days

For now I suggest oral probiotics and either cranberry juice or cranberry pills

If it does go on beyond the three days you need to see your doctor to see if you need a short course of oral antibiotics

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can they go away on their own?

Yes--I always give them at least three days before I prescribe antibiotics

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it does last longer than 3 days, I won't be able.to get to a doctor for probably a week or 2. Would that be okay? Can an untreated uti become serious?

No harm done if it takes you a week or two to see a doctor--it won't become anything serious

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I've read that it can travel to the kidneys and bloodstream. Is that possible? Also I've read that frequent urination could be anxiety related. We have talked quite a a bit about health related issues that I have come to realize is most likely health anxiety. Could this also be the case? Can anxiety cause frequent urination?

No that won't happen

It is possibly that frequent urination can be caused by anxiety though

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing to worry about?

Not at all

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it definitely won't end up in the kidneys or blood? I don't have any pain when urinating. Just feels like I'm going way more than often. Sign that it isn't serious again?

Absolutely not and it's nothing at all serious

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there any otc medication I could take?

Sorry for the delay

Try the oral probiotics and the cranberry juice

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What oral probiotics?

Lactobacillus--the brands are all the same

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just took a uti home test. I sent the results to you. I believe it is showing it is negative. Since that's the case what could be causing this?

Even with a leukocyte and nitrite negative reading that doesn't absolutely rule out a UTI

But I'd say what's going on with you is just anxiety

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what exactly is that test testing and what else could it be for a wrong reading?

It tests for the presence of white cells

But I see no reason to be concerned about your frequent urination

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about the slight pelvic pain?

That's why I still think it might be a UTI

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok So you said if it last for more than 3 days to contact a doctor. That would be Saturday. You said it would be okay if I had to wait until Monday to call? Also I bought some azo that is suppose to relieve the symptoms. Would i be okay to go ahead and take that?

Monday would be fine

And the AZO is fine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it is not a uti you still don't believe it is anything more serious?

No--nothing serious

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I slept all through the night last night without having to wake up to go. I have went twice this morning and have been up 3.5 hours. The feeling of having to go is still there but it doesn't seem as bad today and if I do try to go nothing comes out. Is this a sign that it could be going away or could it be a sign that this is just anxiety?

I think it's a sign of it's going away

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still do have the feeling that I have to go but the past couple days when I went I could urinate. Now I can't. I peed about 3 hours ago and have had the feeling for an hour and half but nothing has come out. Is this okay?

Yes that's OK

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did just go but it was like o really had to push it out. It's very different today than it was yesterday. Are these good signs that it's going away or could it just be more signs that this may just be anxiety?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for all the questions again

I think a good bit of this is your anxiety

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
even with everything I have mentioned you don't believe it is anything serious still. No obstructions or anything like that. I do believe anxiety is playing a part in it also. It has been on my mind constantly for the past 3 days now.

You're obviously worried about this

But definitely nothing like any obstruction and definitely nothing serious

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since the actual frequency has went away do you think i would be okay to not set a doctor's appointment and just wait it out for a few more days?

Just wait a few more days and I think it'll be over with

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you. I'll try to keep my mind off of it. I think if I could do that then it would help alot.

Keep in touch

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took some azo last night just to see if that would help and it seems that it made the pelvic pain much worse and it didn't help with the urgency that much either. Is that a common side effect? Did it just not work for me? My urine was also a very bright orange.

It will turn your urine orange and that pelvic pain was also a side effect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that was normal? The pain is much less today since I have not taken anymore

Yes that was normal with the AZO

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you.

Welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip it's been 5 days now and I still have that feeling. I have probably went to the restroom 60-70 times in the past 5 days. I know that is super frequent and the feeling will only go away for about 30 mins after I go. Sometimes not even that. Should I set up an appt? I am still pretty worried about this. You still don't believe that it is anything serious?

Nothing more serious than a standard bladder infection

It's time to see you doctor for a urinalysis and some antibiotics

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it normal to go every hour with a bladder infection? Only during the day though. I am sleeping through the night still for the most part.

That's pretty normal

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is a bladder infection the same as an uti? I took the uti test and it came back negative.

Same thing

But as I said before a negative home test doesn't prove there's no infection

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you. Sorry to bother again. I appreciate the help

No bother at all

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One last thing. Does this look like a normal urination?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doesn't seem pale or anything? Also since this is just happening during the day is that a sign of anything? I just woke up and slept through the whole night. I did wake up having to go pretty bad but it's not actually causing me to wake up in the middle of the night

A little pale but that doesn't mean anything serious

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sleeping through the night without having to wake up? Is that also a good sign? The symptoms are mostly just during the day

That's a good sign

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I called and made an appt with my doctor but he can't get me in until next Monday. Am I okay to wait until Then?

Sure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it is an infection it won't spread or anything until then will it?

No it won't--don't worry about that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you again for everything.

My pleasure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could the infection get worse in a week?

No

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It hasn't gotten any worse or any better so chances are it will stay like that? Could it still go awaybon it's own by Monday also?

It won't get any worse and it still could be gone by Monday

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it take longer than 2 weeks for sepsis to kick in?

You aren't going to get septic

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've read that it can spread into the blood stream.

Not in your case and please stay away from Dr Google

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know I should but I always end up there. So no chance of that? I've also started getting a feeling that o gotta pee when I coufg. Is that normal?

Still normal

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also I don't know if it means anything but I do have bubbles when I urinate but they pop after they are in the toilet. Is that normal?

It's normal

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for all the questions. I just haven't noticed that before. Is that normal in general or normal for the infection?

Normal both in general and with an infection

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you. One last thing if possible and I'll be done. Could this be something with the kidneys? I have had a pain in my lower left side when I take a deep breathe today. Unrelated or could it be somethint?

Not from your kidneys for sure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yesterday evening I started being able to wait about 3.5-4 hours to go but I still get a little urge to go before then but can't. Is this a good sign that I can wait longer now but still have the feeling? There is still no pain or burning and I still have no fever. Ibalso slept through the night again last night without having to wake up but when I did wake up i had to go which is usually pretty normal for me. It's been about 2.5 hours since I went when I first woke up and I have the feeling again but not enough to actually go. When I do go i feel like it takes me a few seconds to actually get going also so is that normal also?

Sounds pretty normal now and no need to get any treatment

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could the feeling of atikk needing to go but actually not needing to go be a sign that this was anxiety and still maybe a little bit of it?

Yes--just anxiety

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you don't believe I need to go see my doctor on Monday anymore even though j do still have the feeling of needing to go without actually needing to go?

I see no need for that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just went to the restroom again and this time it looked like there was little black hairs or fuzz in the urine. I attached a photo. What could those be?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here it the picture

I really can't say for sure--hard to do that with a photo

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are on the our side of the liquid and looks like little shadows everywhere. I have noticed them in the morning and just now. I was urinating on the side of the bowl to see if it still bubbled but I found those instead. Could this be a serious issue?

Sorry but I just can't evaluate that from your photo

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have you heard of these fibers in urine before? If you can't tell from the photo do you have any information about this type of symptom at All?

I really can't hypothesize about something I can't really see

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm just speaking in general. Have you ever had someone with black fibers in their urine?
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor