Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mother started vaginal bleeding x 1 week ago - pap is…

Customer Question
My mother started vaginal...

My mother started vaginal bleeding x 1 week ago - pap is normal but uterus is enlarged to a 20. ??????

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None. Did find that bladder has dropped.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None. has been treated for colilitus

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/8/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old is she? Was she in menopause? Is there any other associated symptoms?

shes 82 and not until a week ago when bleeding started. they found that her bladder has fallen. no pain, pap smear was negative.

Thanks for the information. It is postmenopausal bleeding and is not normal. There are many possible causes of bleeding such as thinning of tissue (vaginal or endometrial atrophy), uterine infection, uterine polyps, endometrial hyperplasia or malignancy. So there are minor as well as serious causes. She will have to visit her doctor to examine it and run some test such as blood and ultrasound to get further details.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah