Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a metal taste in my mouth been to doctor and dentist…

Customer Question
I have a metal...

I have a metal taste in my mouth been to doctor and dentist had old metal fillings removed replaced with new but still have taste

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No just headaches all the time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My balance is not too good

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/8/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information?

How old are you?

Do you suffer from any illness?

Have you taken any medication?

60yrs I take esomeprazole GH for relux

I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now ”

Dear *****ient, the metallic taste is due to alterations of the oral acid by modifying its ph, this can occur due to the following conditions, smokers, use of medication as antiparasitic or antibiotics, liver alterations, alterations in gastritis and gastro esophageal reflux.
in his case it is due to his disorder of acid and reflux that I consider should be evaluated since gastric acid gases from the stomach rise through his esophagus until his mouth generates this alteration of the oral ph irritating the sensibility and giving that metallic taste,
Consideration should be given to taking some medication to control reflux such as Domperidone and to improve feeding in order to control gastritis and reflux

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.