Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Frequent urge to urinate? very little output maybe a drop..

Customer Question
Frequent urge to urinate...

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Just happened today... within the last hour... no medication taken today, forgot to take this a.m., blood pressure and potassium prescriptions.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Yes. prednisone and something else they gave me for a cold... in October can't remember the name, allergic to latex, and past history of asthma.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

A little stressed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/8/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

When was the last time you urinated? Do you feel a distended round lump in your lower abdomen? You age and gender?

about 2 min ago...attempted, also 2 mins before that, about 5 min before that 2 min.
not sure about lump...can check, age 53, female... pretty button up today with layers.

Thanks for the information. This kind of pattern is usually seen in urinary infection and you do have urgency and frequency. You can visit your doctor to do a urine test to confirm the diagnosis and prescribe antibiotics to get rid of infection. In the mean time, you can drink adequate water and cranberry juice to ease it.

If you do not pass your urine at all for several hours, that would indicate obstruction. But now, most likely it's urinary infection.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah