Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about abdominal pain, For a year and a…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about abdominal pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

For a year and a half. When I sleep on my right side. I've had my ovaries ultrasound - they are ok. I've had a colonoscopy - it was good as well. Now I am wondering if it can be some type of ligament (round ligament) pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

3 c-sections in the past 2004, 2005 and 2010. Pain started about 1.5 years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/8/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information?

How old are you?

Do you suffer from any illness?

Have you taken any medication?

how is the pain? Colico type, sharp, feel burning?

the pain is only while lying on the right side?

I am 47, I take no medications only supplements (multivitamin probiotic omega), The pain starts off dull and builds to a sharper pain and I cannot sleep on my right side I have to move over to my back or to my left side .

have done some abdominal ultrasound?

Just through my OB GYN but nothing more. That showed that all was looking good

ok, Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, for the symptoms that you describe, some conditions must be ruled out.
right of the abdominal right side is found the ascending liver and colon and in the posterior part the kidney, with the colonoscopy any intestinal alteration is discarded.

With the ultrasound performed by your gynecologist you rule out an inflammation of the round ligament, or alteration of the ovary and uterus since this would be inflamed to have some alteration so other conditions should be ruled out.

It would be convenient to perform an abdominal and renal ultrasound, since these symptoms may be due to inflammation of the liver, due to inflammation of the gallbladder by calculations, inflammation of the liver by fatty liver, or kidney stones that generate inflammation of the kidneys.

These symptoms can be confused because the structures are close to one another, by which the symptoms can be confusing when they are mild inflammations.

For what I suggest to perform a hematology with liver profile, and an abdominal and renal ultrasound to discredit these conditions. but I do not think you should be alarmed.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.