Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is only eating 600 calories a day healthy? It's really not…

Customer Question
Is only eating 600...

Is only eating 600 calories a day healthy?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

It's really not for me. I am asking for my friend and it has been recommended to her by her neurologist. She takes a variety of medications.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

She is overweight and so am I. We both see the same doctor. He does want me to lose weight. Her weight loss is crucial because she is going to have back surgery soon

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Again, my question isn't for me, it's for my friend. Is only eating 600 calories a day healthy?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/8/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

When weight loss is a goal then caloric requirement decreases depending on how much and how fast you want to lose. 600 kcal would cause about 2 to 3 pounds per week and if t is suggested by her doctor then she should follow as he wants to make her lose weight quickly. If she can do daily activities without any weakness on this amount of calories, there is no harm in it.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you