Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I want to get std tested and I'm not sure where I should go.

I want to get...

I want to get std tested and I'm not sure where I should go. Can urgent care do that? Of so what do they test for. I think I could have trich

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

A little bit of vaginal itiching and irritation. It's also very red on surrounding areas

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Only for a few days. The itching only comes and goes throughout the day. But I think it is an std

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Like what?

3/8/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Thank you

An urgent care or walk in center doctor can fully test you for all STD's--HIV, herpes, hepatitis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, syphiis--and do vaginal cultures for yeast and bacterial infections

Please let me know if you need any more information

Is there any way you can tell me what the test they would administer would be like? Just a urine sample or something else
Is there a way to be prescribed treatment or an antibiotic from you doctor?

We don't do prescriptions here--that would be illegal and malpractice

But if I were seeing you in my office I would do blood work, a urinalysis and a vaginal swab for culture

Oh okay. Thank you for your help