Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What causes burning pain in left breast? About a month. Not…

What causes burning pain...

What causes burning pain in left breast?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

About a month

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really no

3/8/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom?

Any swelling? redness?

What does aggravate it?

How frequently do you feel it?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

I am 75 years old, female, no other symptoms, no swelling, no redness, going without a bra aggravates it, sever times a day I feel the burning sensation, no other illness, have not consulted with doctor or had any test because did not know if necessary, I take pain meds for bad back and for thyroid and ulcerated stomach.
No call please
This is really stupid. Please just forget my question and keep the $5 because I will pay no more. I can go to my doctor cheaper than talking to you on here. I just wanted to know if it was dangerous and needed to be seen by a doctor. I need to do a mamo anyway.

It is not necessary to call.
It is an automated response.
Some customers want it.
It is website generated.
Please wait, I am writing your answer.
Thank you for your patience.

ok
My goodness. How long does it take to write an answer??

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Burning pain in a single breast can occur due to a few factors.
It can be an inflammation, infection.
But those would cause swelling, redness & would not last so long.
There can be other issues like nerve impingement, costochondritis.
Tumor or growth would cause swelling too.
You are not having any.
At your age, heart issues like angina, reflux can also cause a burning sensation.
You are right, you need an examination in person.
Doctor would then decide about tests like ultrasound, EKG, mammo etc.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Well I don't have swelling or redness and it just comes and goes. If I put my bra on, it seems to go away or I don't notice it anyway. I will get the mamo.
Thanks.
Ok. Thanks

You are always welcome.