Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

The question was a person infected with HIV or C, had a

blood wound on his hands...
The question was a person infected with HIV or C, had a blood wound on his hands. Peace was done by hand and blood was transferred to my hands, then a touch behind my head with a small wound after shaving at the same time. Do you transfer hiv or hcv
3/8/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, Thanks for the question, and I am very glad to help you again with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Please see, once again you are not at all at any risk of contracting hiv or hep c under these circumstances

As I had mentioned previously too there are so many conditions that need to be met with or fulfilled for hiv or hep c to enter the body & establish an infection

It does not appear any such conditions were met or fulfilled during the situation you have mentioned above

The blood borne viruses such as hiv or hep c are extremely fragile viruses and they die quickly once they are outside the human body

Due to this reason it is very unlikely hiv or help c can be transmitted during the type of incident you have described above

Even if the other person was infected with hiv or help c, even if blood did come in to contact with your wound still this type of scenario is unlikely to transmit hiv or hep c in to your body

Once again I can categorically reassure you, the above incident you have mentioned above was very unlikely to have transmitted hiv or hep c in to your body, and there is absolutely no doubt in this regard, there is not even an iota of doubt that you are 100% safe and you have not contracted hiv or hep c 100% during the above mentioned incident, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The man was wounded with his hand and blood in his hand and then touched my head from the back by the superficial wounds

You are very welcome! My pleasure! I am very glad you found the above information helpful!

Yes I can fully understand, but you are 100% safe in this regard.

It is certainly unlikely there was any transmission of hiv or hep c to you during the incident you have mentioned.

If hiv or hep c can be transmitted like this then so many people in this world would get infected

But the truth is hiv or hep c do not infect an individual so easily and there are a large number of conditions such as the following need to be met or fulfilled;

1) There should be adequate load of the virus that came in to touch with your wound

2) The wound was still actively bleeding

3) The wound was not just superficial rather it was a deep wound

4) The wound was deep so that the hiv or hep c came in to contact with the inside of the wound where your blood circulates through the blood vessels

As you see there are myriad such conditions need to be met or fulfilled before there is some chances of you contracting these viruses from an infected individual through blood, but in your case there are no such conditions that have been met of fulfilled since the wound you have had was just superficial so you are 100% safe and there is 100% no possibility of you having contracted hiv or hep c during the above mentioned incident.

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much dr I love you

You are very welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Blood virus means touching a wound in my hand or a wound in the head does not move a small amount

Yes, if the wound is small or superficial or if the amount of blood transferred through your hand to the wound on the head is small etc then no risk for infection with hiv or hep c.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks yes

You are very welcome! Yes, you are 100% safe.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)