Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it safe to take half a dosage of phentermine with

Good morning Pearl. Is...

Good morning Pearl. Is it safe to take half a dosage of phentermine with lorcaserin? I had more appetite suppression with phentermine. Just beginning the lorcaserin a week back and barely any suppression. As a note I am also taking Lyrica occassionally for nerve pain from foot surgery. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Daily just the ones mentioned above plus low dosage of birth control and metformin 500 to regulate hormones (I am 43)

3/8/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Locaserin is not recommended to use with phentermine as a major drug interaction causing heart problems can occur so avoid using them together.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Hi Dr. Uzair, I figured as much. I appreciate your time. Your timeliness and professionalism in assisting me has earned the 5 star rating. Have a great day! Sonja

My pleasure.

Wish you all the best.